Air and Space
Build and launch model rockets—all new models for 2014!
Entering Grades K-5
Full Day Only - Special $25 Field Trip Fee Applies.
Launch a journey far beyond the atmosphere! Explore the science behind rocket propulsion while building a model rocket powered by a solid propellant motor. Campers Grades K-2 build the all-new Razor, with unique tube fins. Campers Grades 3-5 construct the high-performance Skybird, complete with payload bay!
Travel to the launch site on launch day and complete the countdown to blast the rocket to altitudes approaching 300 feet! Visit the USS Hornet, recovery ship for the first astronauts to walk on the Moon in 1969 and 1970. Observe the surface of a star, use and take home a working refractor telescope, identify constellations and moon phases in the Museum’s planetarium, command a space shuttle training aircraft in the flight simulators and much more in this exciting exploration of the universe!
Air and Space Camp Includes:
- Model Rocket Construction
- "Razor" with tube fins (younger campers)
- "Skybird" with payload bay (older campers)
- Rocket Launch Field Trip
- Visit to USS Hornet Museum
- Introductory and Advanced Flight Simulation
- Refracting Telescopes
- Solar Glasses and Sunspot Observations
- Flying Space Shuttle Gliders
- Glowing Star Charts
- Starlab Constellation Identification
- Meteorites and Tektites
- Moon Phases and Sun-Moon-Earth Orrery
- And Much, Much More!
Session 3: June 16-20
Session 6: July 7-11
Session 9: July 28 - August 1
Session 12: August 18-22