Flight Science Lab
Explore the Science of Flight!
Entering Grades K-5
Full Day and Half Day Available
Experiment with the forces of flight and discover the world of the pilot! Explore lift, thrust, weight and drag while building and flying model gliders, airplanes, helicopters and even a remotely operated aerial vehicle. Take the controls of aircraft of all sorts in the Museum's flight simulators while exploring the cockpits and structures of many of the Museum's exhibit aircraft.
Investigate Earth's awesome power and its ability to impact flight, ranging from severe weather to volcanic eruptions. Explore sound waves, polymer science, aerobatics and more while flying supersonic flight simulations, creating composite materials, and performing a simulated air show routine. Join this wide-ranging journey through the science of the skies!
Flight Science Lab Camp Includes:
Program Dates: February 17-21, 2014
- Model Aircraft Construction and Test Flights
- Introductory and Advanced Flight Simulation
- Remote Controlled Helicopters
- Sound Waves and Supersonic Flight
- Live Raptor Demonstration
- Polymers, Composite Materials and Slime
- Water-Powered Rocket Cars
- Volcanoes and Volcanic Eruptions
- Solar Powered Vehicles
- And Much, Much More!
Other Camp Topics:
Camp Prices and Registration
Return to Camp Main Page