Experience the World of Robotic Vehicles!
Entering Grades K-5
Full Day Only
Join the ranks of the few, the proudóthe machines!
Explore the world of robotic vehicles as never before in Aviation Campís newest K-5 robotics program. Investigate the elements of robotic design, including simple machines, electric circuits and pneumatics. Experiment with simple graphics-based robotic programming suitable for the youngest campers yet providing sophisticated features to challenge the oldest.
Use unique locking block construction techniques to construct and customize a walking robot of one of four designs. Unleash it in the Robo Olympics and change its design to improve performance on one of several tasks.
The sky is no limit in this adventure in innovation! Fly a simulated Remotely Piloted Vehicle (RPV) in the Museumís new Tablet Lab, then master the controls of a real RPV flying disc in the Museumís Atrium. Design and construct a model drone able to complete a special mission, and enter the Flight Sim Zone to tackle the challenges of extreme high altitudes and ultralight flight faced by drones and remote contolled helicopters around the world each day.
Robo Rangers Camp Includes:
- Motorized Walking Robots
- Simple Machines
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Electric Circuits and Flashlights
- RPV Design Lab
- Computer-Aided LEGO WeDo Robotics
- Introductory and Advanced Flight Simulation
- Paper Airplane Presentation and Construction
- And Much, Much More!
- Submarines and Jupiterís Moons
- Remote Control Helicopters
- Engineering Design Process
- End Effectors and Robo Grippers
- Solar Powered Aircraft
- RC Simulation Lab
Session 11: August 11-15
Session 14: September 2-5*
* Special 4-Day session, no camp July 4 or September 1. Special pricing applies.