The Hiller Aviation Museum is seeking an energetic and dynamic receptionist to work part-time in one of the most unique venues in the Bay Area. The Receptionist is the front-line "first impression" representative responsible for telephone transactions, scheduling field trips, summer camps and tours and other front-office duties. This person supports museum staff on various projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Perform front-office receptionist duties. Conduct telephone transactions courteously, quickly and professionally.
- Distribute, post and prepare mail.
- Schedule field trips, group tours, camps and other museum activities requiring advance reservations.
- Maintain calendar of events for the museum.
- Prepare letters, marketing materials and other correspondence in support of ongoing museum projects in collaboration with staff.
- Perform data entry activities in collaboration with staff.
- Monitor and manage consumption of front area office supplies.
- Maintain effective and positive working relationships with staff and volunteers and interact courteously with Museum guests at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is an excellent position for the right candidate looking for part-time employment in an interesting, education based non-profit museum. Position available immediately.
- High School diploma.
- Two years of office work activity as an administrative assistant and/or receptionist involving clerical work, office management and some data entry.
- Excellent communications skills, professional demeanor and customer-oriented approach.
- Great interpersonal "people" skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized work habits.
- Ability to multitask: Answer phones, schedule tours and clerical work.
- Skill with basic office computers and office software such as Word, Outlook and Excel.
Pay rate: $14.00 per hour
Send cover letter and resume to William Turner, VP Operations, Hiller Aviation Institute and Museum, 601 Skyway Blvd., San Carlos CA, 94070 or email@example.com.