Flight Sim Zone
Saturday and Sunday, 11 am to 2 pm
Also open Wednesday, August 3, 11 am to 2pm
Take a virtual flight across the Bay and see the world from the unique perspective of a pilot.
- $3 per Pass (in addition to museum admission).
- Pass is free for Members.
- Two people can fly on one Pass (pilot and co-pilot).
- Obtain Passes at museum Gift Shop.
- Each Pass good for up to 30 minutes of flight time.
- Seating is limited.
Flight Sim Zone workstations consist of the following:
- 3-screen, 3,840 x 1,024 pixel display
- Saitek flight yoke and throttle quadrant
- Saitek or PFC rudder pedals
- Microsoft Flight Simulator (v9 and FSX)
How Sessions Operate
We follow a flight instruction model. Our instructors are real pilots and they will show you how to properly control a Cessna 172 airplane, including the all-important landing procedure. Once proficiency has been achieved in basic procedures, the instructor will help you implement a more advanced real-world flying scenario based on your interests including: cross-country flight, multi-engine and airline procedures, bad-weather flying, instrument procedures and flight plans, among many other possibilities.
The Flight Sim Zone is wheelchair accessible.