Saturday & Sunday June 18 & 19, 2011
10am - 4pm
A new name, new look and new feel for Vertical Challenge!
After eleven years, the Vertical Challenge Helicopter Air Show is getting a makeover. This June 18 & 19, 2011, marks the debut of HeliFest at the Hiller Aviation Museum. Instead of a single, one-day event, HeliFest gathers several festivals into a two-day, super fun weekend. HeliFest is not an air show but in keeping with the original theme of Vertical Challenge, HeliFest showcases military and commercial helicopters on display and open to the public for two, full days. HeliFest also features fabulous food, wine and the Bay Area's finest microbrews. And returning this year is the popular Kid's Zone that includes slides, rides, face-painting and fun activities that kids love.
Why these changes? Increasingly strict federal regulations regarding air shows combined with the economic challenges faced by commercial and government helicopter operators, at both the local and state level, have made it necessary to modify Vertical Challenge. Also, with new event partners, food-providers, brewers and other participants, the opportunity exists for creating a unique event never seen before on the San Francisco Peninsula: The result is HeliFest!
Highlights of HeliFest:
(this is not an air show
) - We welcome commercial operators and the United States military with their big helicopters, available and open for the public to explore. More >
Enjoy some of the best Microbrews that the San Francisco Peninsula has to offer. More >
For those who enjoy wine with their whirlybirds, this is for you! . More >
We feature some of the best Bay Area food vendors for your dining pleasure. More >
The little ones will have plenty to do getting face paintings and playing on giant slides and rides. More >
Parking and Hotel Info:
- Automobile parking is available south of the Museum on Skyway Rd. From Highway 101 exit Holly Street/Redwood Shores Pkwy east and follow signs. There is no shuttle bus service but the furthest parking spots are only a 1/2 mile away, no further than parking at Valley Fair Mall and walking to Macy's...Parking Map
- Hotel Info: The Fairfield Inn and Suites is the official hotel of HeliFest. A special rate of $89+tax is available. Click the following link and enter the promo code for this special rate. www.marriott.com/sfofs
- 2 Queen beds enter code: HELHELA
- 1 KING bed enter code: HELHELB
Pilot Information Page: Pilots planning to fly to HeliFest please click here
- Adult: $15, Youth & Seniors (5-17, 65+): $10, 4 and under: FREE.
- Advance tickets for this event may be purchased from the Museum.
- Free entrance with museum membership
- Sorry, no coupons or passes accepted for this event
- Buy tickets on-line
Ticket sales go On Line May 1st, 2011