Now Taking Reservations for the 2012-2013 School Year
Field trip experiences at the Hiller Aviation Museum provide explorations in science, technology, math and history for public and private K-12 schools, pre-schools and home school groups of 12 or more students. Conveniently located just off the 101 Freeway in San Carlos, the Museum provides easy access to an amazing aerospace experience for your students.
Summer Field Trips (June 17th—August 23rd)
- Advance reservations are necessary for all field trips. Two weeks' notice is required for tours and programs. Earlier booking is encouraged to provide the best selection of dates and times.
- Minimum group size is 12 students and 2 adult chaperones.
- 1 adult teacher or chaperone is required per 8 students.
- Both indoor and outdoor spaces are available to eat lunch at the Museum. Bring your own lunch; limited snack and drink items are available for purchase.
- Plentiful free parking for cars and buses is available at the Museum.
- For more information, download our field trip brochure
- Schools, Scouts and outside day camp groups welcome
- Reservations required at least three weeks in advance—space is limited
- Discounted admission price $6/participant (children + adults)
- Guided tour provided at no additional charge
- Hands-on program topics limited to Amazing Aircraft I or II
- Special events available on select Wednesdays
- Gourmet Food Trucks available Wednesdays 11 AM-2 PM
- Outdoor lunch area not available 12 PM-1 PM Monday-Friday (reserved for Aviation Camp)
Scout, Home School and Small School Groups
- Museum admission for field trip groups is $3 per student and $6 for adults Monday-Friday, September through May. One adult is admitted free of charge for every eight students.
- Museum admission for field trip groups is $6 per participant on Saturdays and Sundays, and on all days during June, July and August.
- All field trips must pay as a group to receive the discounted admission price. Individual admissions must be paid at the general admission rate.
- Museum Tours are included with all group admissions at no additional charge. Advance reservations are required.
- Hands-on Programs require an additional program fee that varies by program topic. Advance reservations are required.
- Admission and program fees must be paid upon arrival by cash, check or credit card. School Purchase Orders are not accepted.
- A valid credit card is required to complete a reservation. A $25 cancellation fee will be charged for any field trips cancelled fewer than three days in advance.
- Admission waivers and limited funding for transportation reimbursement is available to qualified low income schools. Download the Grant Funding Application to apply today.
Scout and Home School groups may be booked as field trip groups and may be admitted at field trip admission rates so long as they have at least 12 students, make a reservation at least two weeks in advance, and pay as a group upon arrival.
Scout units may be eligible to participate in special Scout programs held periodically at the Museum that earn a specific badge or patch. Visit the Scout Programs Page for more information.
Home School students not attending with a group, and extremely small Scout and school groups, may attend the Museum at field trip rates on Home School Mondays. No reservations are necessary, and tours and hands-on programs are available.
How to Schedule Your Field Trip
- Select tour and program topics.
- Determine at least two possible dates for your field trip.
- Use our online field trip request system or call the Hiller Aviation Museum at (650) 654-0200 at least two weeks in advance of your requested date to make a reservation.
- Confirmation information is distributed via email within three business days. Review confirmation information carefully upon receipt.