Aviation Day Camp
Investigate Aerodynamics and the Science of Flight!
Full Day Only
Program Dates 2021:
*4-Day Session (no camp November 25). Partial-week enrollment available.
Launch an adventure in science to discover the forces of flight! Physics Flyers includes hands-on scientific experiments, model aircraft construction and realistic flight simulation designed to unlock aerodynamics for campers Grades K-5. Fly model airplanes, helicopters, airplanes and hovercraft! Explore the roles of air pressure, electricity and magnetism in aerospace, build an electric-powered racing car, climb aboard historic aircraft and more in a journey to understand the science that makes powered flight possible.
Physics Flyers Camp Includes:
- Gliders and Soaring Flight
- Rubber Powered Airplane Construction
- Flying Model Helicopters
- RC Drones and Hovercraft
- Run Catlight! Electric Vehicle
- Introductory, Weather and Aerobatic Flight Simulation
- Aerobatics and Energy
- Aviation Weather
- Simple Machines and Catapults
- Momentum and Flying Discs
- Surface Tension and Bubbles
- Chemical Reactions and Rockets
Elementary Topics (K-5)
All camps are located at the Hiller Aviation Museum at the San Carlos Airport.