Aviation Day Camp
Investigate Aerodynamics and the Science of Flight!
Full or Half Day
Program Dates 2020:
June 29-July 2*
August 10-14 (Full Day only)
*Special 4-day session. No camp July 3.
Launch an adventure in science to discover the forces of flight! Physics Flyers includes hands-on scientific experiments, model aircraft construction and realistic flight simulation designed to unlock aerodynamics for campers Grades K-5. Fly model airplanes, helicopters, airplanes and hovercraft! Explore the roles of air pressure, electricity and magnetism in aerospace, build an electric-powered racing car, climb aboard historic aircraft and more in a journey to understand the science that makes powered flight possible.
Physics Flyers Camp Includes:
- Gliders and Soaring Flight
- Rubber Powered Airplane Construction
- Flying Model Helicopters
- RC Drones and Hovercraft
- Electric Vehicle Construction
- Meet a Live Parrot
- Introductory Flight Simulation
Full Day Campers Also Participate In:
- Air Powered Rockets
- Simple Machines and Catapults
- Buoyancy and Hot Air Balloons
- The Water Cycle and Cloud Identification
- Energy and Aerobatic Flight
- Momentum and Flying Discs
- Advanced Flight Simulation
Primary Topic (JK-1)
Elementary Topics (K-5)
Middle School Topics (5-8)
All camps are located at the Hiller Aviation Museum at the San Carlos Airport.