Airport Runway Run
Sunday, April 22, 2018 at San Carlos Airport
Doors open at 7 am. Race begins at 8 am.
New for 2018:
- 2K Family Fun Run course that is almost entirely on the runway!
- Certified 5K and 10K courses!
Optional: Advanced bib/shirt pick-up Saturday, April 21, 11 am – 4 pm at A Runner’s Mind in Burlingame
Express your need for speed with a unique 2K/5K/10K running event that’s fun and healthy for the whole family.
The start of the race route is the San Carlos Airport runway! Like an aircraft on takeoff, you will traverse the length of the entire 2,600 foot runway before continuing through the beautiful wetlands on Bair Island, then return to the airport and conclude at Hiller Aviation Museum. This is one of the most interesting and beautiful running, jogging, and walking experiences in the Bay Area.
Proceeds of the Airport Runway Run benefit Hiller Aviation Museum, a 501c3 nonprofit organization that delivers experiences that educate the public about science and aviation.
- Race T-shirt
- Admission to Hiller Aviation Museum Gallery on race day
- Goody bag
- Chip timing and eligibility for race awards (5K and 10K only)
- Runners and walkers only permitted on the course. Strollers ok. No pets, skateboards, bikes, or rollerblades permitted.
- Walkers, please start at the back of the pack. On Skyway Road, walkers, stay to the right on the sidewalk. Runners, pass on the left.
- Entry fees are nonrefundable. If you are unable to participate, you may transfer your registration to another participant.
New! Meet at the parking lot in front of the Museum to train for the Airport Runway Run. Route will follow a 3-mile course. Water and snacks will be provided. Practice runs are generously sponsored by the Law Office of Soyeun D. Choi, PC.
- March 14, 5:30 pm – Wednesday
- March 28, 5:30 pm – Wednesday
- April 11, 5:30 pm – Wednesday
Prizes for the overall men’s and women’s first place winners of the 5K and 10K:
- A pair of shoes from A Runner’s Mind (up to $130 value),
- Name on the Museum’s Highway 101 LED Marquee the day after the race, and
- A one-year Individual Museum Membership.
First place male and female in each age division of the 5K and 10K will receive an Aviator Wings Pin and $15 gift certificate to A Runner’s Mind.
5K and 10K Age Divisions
- 19 and under
- 60 and up
Post-Race Fair & Activities:
- Enjoy refreshments
- Visit sponsor booths
- Must-be-present-to-win Bib Raffle
- Face painting
- Obstacle course and bounce house
- Explore Hiller Aviation Museum
The 5K and scenic 10K are run-out and run-back courses with turnarounds that will be clearly marked.
The 2K is primarily a loop on the runway and taxiway.
All three courses finish at the nose of the Museum’s 747 aircraft.