Flight Sim Zone
Due to the COVID-19 situation, the Flight Sim Zone, a “high-touch” activity, is temporarily closed.
Saturday and Sunday, 11:00 am to 2:00 pm
Take a virtual flight across the Bay and see the world from the unique perspective of a pilot.
- $4 per Pass (in addition to museum admission).
- Pass is free for Members.
- Two people can fly on one Pass (pilot and co-pilot).
- Obtain Passes at museum Gift Shop.
- Each Pass good for up to 30 minutes of flight time.
- Seating is limited.
Flight Sim Zone workstations consist of the following:
- large 4K screen, 3,840 x 2,160 pixel display
- Saitek flight yoke and throttle quadrant
- Saitek rudder pedals
- X-Plane 11 and Prepar3D v.4 simulation software
How Sessions Operate
We follow a flight instruction model. Our instructors are real pilots and they will show you how to properly control a small aircraft like or Cessna 172 or Mooney Bravo, including the all-important landing procedure. Once proficiency has been achieved in basic procedures, the instructor will help you implement a more advanced real-world flying scenario based on your interests including: cross-country flight, multi-engine and airline procedures, bad-weather flying, instrument procedures and flight plans, among many other possibilities.
The Flight Sim Zone is wheelchair accessible.