Flight Sim Zone
Open Saturday and Sunday, 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Monday, September 6, 11 am – 2 pm (Labor Day)
Take a virtual flight across the Bay and see the world from the unique perspective of a pilot.
- $5 per Pass (in addition to museum admission).
- Pass is free for Members.
- Two people can fly on one Pass (pilot and co-pilot).
- Obtain Passes at museum Gift Shop.
- Each Pass good for up to 30 minutes of flight time.
- Seating is limited.
Flight Sim Zone workstations consist of the following:
- large 4K screen, 3,840 x 2,160 pixel display
- Saitek flight yoke and throttle quadrant
- Saitek rudder pedals
- X-Plane 11 and Prepar3D v.4 simulation software
How Sessions Operate During COVID-19
We have reduced the number of available simulators in each flight session to obtain social distancing. Initial instruction is provided via pre-recorded video. All stations, flight yokes and throttles are disinfected and idled for 90-minutes before reuse. We follow a flight instruction model. Our instructors are real pilots and they will show you how to properly control an aircraft, including the all-important landing procedure.
The Flight Sim Zone is wheelchair accessible.