Drawing Held December 31, 2016
Congratulations to the Winter Raffle winners:
1st Prize: Chris H. of Redwood City
2nd Prize: Ping Z. of Redwood City
3rd Prize: Mike O. of San Carlos
Special thanks to our Winter Raffle Sponsors:
DJI Phantom 3 Standard Drone!
- Easy to use, intelligent flying camera
- Smart control system for stable, automatic flight
- Lightweight, compact, easy to carry
- Full Phantom 3 Standard Specs
- A $799 value!
Drone Day Build-a-Thon All Inclusive Entry!
- Six-hour immersive drone construction workshop at Hiller Aviation Museum sponsored by Aerial Sports League
- Construct your own quadcopter optimized for high performance, durability, and drone combat
- Workshops offered throughout the year
- Includes briefing on FAA and local drone flight regulations
- A $695 Value!
MOTA JETJAT Nano Drone Quadcopter!
- Fits on your fingertip
- Drone stores right inside controller for easy carry
- Comes with lights for night flying
- Easy flying fun with the 4 Channel Controller
- A $39 Value!
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV’s), commonly referred to as “drones,” are a significant recent development in aviation. Digital control combined with lightweight materials have produced a small, relatively inexpensive robotic flying technology with extensive useful commercial applications. As an aviation museum, part of our mission is to raise public awareness of aviation, its history as well as its current and future direction, including providing visitors with information about drone technology, a vital part of aviation in the 21st century. Youth are particularly intrigued by the advent of drones. Museum programs focused on drones serve as a gateway for immersion into additional related STEM subjects, from aerodynamics to robotics.