Lead Cashier and Gift Shop Sales Person – Part Time
The Hiller Aviation Museum is seeking an energetic and dynamic cashier and sales person to work part-time, includes weekends, in one of the most unique attractions in the Bay Area. The Lead Cashier works with the Retail Manager to serve customers who are purchasing museum admissions and gift shop merchandise.
Hours and Wages
Minimum of 22 hours per week. A shift is from 9:15 am – 5:15 pm with 1/2 hour lunch (a mix of weekday and weekend hours).
Starting pay rate: $22.00 per hour.
- High school diploma required.
- Retail experience and knowledge of retail practices preferred.
- Excellent communications skills, professional demeanor and customer-oriented approach.
- Basic computer skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct admissions and gift shop sales and other cash register transactions.
- Open and close the gift shop, including activation of digital point of sales systems, preparing cash drawers, reconciling day end receipts.
- Answer questions about the museum to the visiting public.
- Become familiar with gift shop merchandise and provide assistance to gift shop customers.
- Receive, tag and display inventory and products in the gift shop.
- Assist in supervising cashier staff. Create a positive customer experience while ensuring that the other cashiers are prepared to do the same.
- Assist the manager in making sure gift shop has staff coverage which includes filling in for staff vacancies.
- Perform general housekeeping chores, straightening stock on shelves, dusting and cleaning of display cases, etc.
This is a fun and highly desirable position for the right candidate. Position available immediately.
Send cover letter and resume to Giftshop Manager, Hiller Aviation Museum, 601 Skyway Rd., San Carlos, CA 94070 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.