Airport Runway Run
Sunday, April 23 at San Carlos Airport benefiting Hiller Aviation Museum
7 am Museum Opens
8 am Race Begins
Post-race Sponsor Fair with Wellness Wing continues until noon!
Express your need for speed with a unique 5K/10K running event that’s fun and healthy for the whole family.
The start of the race route is the San Carlos Airport runway! Like an aircraft on takeoff, you will traverse the length of the entire 2,600 foot runway before continuing through the beautiful wetlands of the Don Edwards Nature Preserve on Bair Island, then return to the airport and conclude at Hiller Aviation Museum. This is one of the most interesting and beautiful running, jogging, and walking experiences in the Bay Area.
Race volunteers are also needed. Help distribute race bibs and t-shirts, monitor the course, staff a water station, etc.
- Race t-shirt
- Chip timing
- Eligibility for race awards
- Admission to Hiller Aviation Museum Gallery on race day
- Goody bag
- Runners and walkers only permitted on the course. No pets, skateboards, bikes, or roller blades permitted.
- Walkers, please start at the back of the pack.
- This is a run-out and run-back event. The 5K and 10K turnarounds will be clearly marked.
- Entry fees are nonrefundable. If you are unable to participate, you may transfer your registration to another participant.
Prizes for the overall men’s and women’s first place winners of the 5K and 10K:
- A pair of shoes from A Runner’s Mind (up to $130 value),
- Name on the Museum’s Highway 101 marquee the day after the race, and
- A one-year Individual Museum Membership.
First place male and female in each age division will receive a $15 gift certificate to A Runner’s Mind.
Prize ribbons will be awarded to the men’s and women’s first, second, and third place winners in each age division.
5K and 10K Age Divisions
- 19 and under
- 60 and up
Immediately following the 5K/10K, race participants are invited to enjoy refreshments and visit sponsor booths at the Airport Runway Run Fair, which will include a special Wellness Wing comprised of sponsors supporting the community’s health and well-being.