Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2nd Annual Airport Runway Run!
Photos of the 2018 Airport Runway Run will be posted on our Facebook page.
New for 2018:
- 2K Family Fun Run course that is almost entirely on the runway
- Certified 5K and 10K courses
- Practice runs
- Gear Check at the Start/Finish Zone to stash sweats and other items
- Model rockets mark the start of the Airport Runway Run
- ABC 7 News Anchor Eric Thomas as Master of Ceremonies
Express your need for speed with a unique 2K/5K/10K running event that’s fun and healthy for the whole family.
The start of the race route is the San Carlos Airport runway! Like an aircraft on takeoff, you will traverse the length of the entire 2,600 foot runway before continuing through the beautiful wetlands on Bair Island, then return to the airport and conclude at Hiller Aviation Museum. This is one of the most interesting and beautiful running, jogging, and walking experiences in the Bay Area.
Proceeds of the Airport Runway Run benefit Hiller Aviation Museum, a 501c3 nonprofit organization that delivers experiences that educate the public about science and aviation.
- Race T-shirt (first come, first served on size preferences)
- Admission to Hiller Aviation Museum Gallery on race day
- Goody bag
- Chip timing and eligibility for race awards (5K and 10K only)
- Runners and walkers only permitted on the course. Strollers ok. No pets, skateboards, bikes, or rollerblades permitted.
- Walkers, please start at the back of the pack. On Skyway Road, walkers, stay to the right on the sidewalk. Runners, pass on the left.
- Entry fees are nonrefundable. If you are unable to participate, you may transfer your registration to another participant.
Prizes for the overall men’s and women’s first place winners of the 5K and 10K:
- A pair of shoes from A Runner’s Mind (up to $130 value),
- Name on the Museum’s Highway 101 LED Marquee the day after the race, and
- A one-year Individual Museum Membership.
First place male and female in each age division of the 5K and 10K will receive an Aviator Wings Pin and $15 gift certificate to A Runner’s Mind.
5K and 10K Age Divisions
- 19 and under
- 60 and up
Post-Race Fair & Activities:
- Sponsor booths
- Hiller Aviation Museum Exhibits and Aircraft
- Must-be-present-to-win Bib Raffle
- Face painting
- Obstacle course and bounce house
- Waffle Roost Food Truck
- San Mateo County Libraries Bookmobile
The 5K and scenic 10K are run-out and run-back courses with turnarounds that will be clearly marked.
The 2K is primarily a loop on the runway and taxiway.
All three courses finish at the nose of the Museum’s 747 aircraft.
With Support From