Sunday, April 14, 2019, 8 am
3rd Annual Airport Runway Run at San Carlos Airport
Certified 5K and 10K
2K Fun Run
Registration Now Open!
Express your need for speed with a unique 2K/5K/10K running event that’s fun and healthy for the whole family.
- Race T-shirt
- Admission to Hiller Aviation Museum on Race Day
- Goody Bag
- Sponsor Fair with Family Friendly Activities
- Entry in Bib Raffle
- Chip Timing and Eligibility for Race Awards (for 5K and 10K only)
The start of the race route is the San Carlos Airport runway! Like an aircraft on takeoff, you will traverse the length of the entire 2,600 foot runway before continuing through the beautiful wetlands on Bair Island, then return to the airport and conclude at Hiller Aviation Museum. This is one of the most interesting and beautiful running, jogging, and walking experiences in the Bay Area.
Proceeds of the Airport Runway Run benefit Hiller Aviation Museum, a 501c3 nonprofit educational organization that provides science and aviation programming.
See you on the runway!
- Runners and walkers only permitted on the course. Strollers ok. No pets, skateboards, bikes, or rollerblades permitted.
- Walkers, please start at the back of the pack. On Skyway Road, walkers, stay to the right on the sidewalk. Runners, pass on the left.
- Entry fees are nonrefundable. If you are unable to participate, you may transfer your registration to another participant.
All three courses start and finish at Hiller Aviation Museum.
The 5K and scenic 10K are run-out and run-back courses with turnarounds that will be clearly marked.
The 2K Family Fun Run is a loop on the runway and taxiway.
Prizes for the overall men’s and women’s first place winners of the 5K and 10K:
- Name on the Museum’s Highway 101 LED Marquee the day after the race,
- A one-year Individual Museum Membership, and
- A $100 gift certificate to Sports Basement!
First place male and female in each age division of the 5K and 10K will also receive prizes.