Development Associate – Part Time
The Hiller Aviation Museum, one of the most unique destinations on the San Francisco Peninsula, is looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to join its Development team as a part-time Development Associate.
Working closely with and reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Development Associate is responsible for the growth and success of all aspects of Hiller Aviation Museum’s Membership Program and provides a range of clerical, administrative, and donor services. The Development Associate manages the museum’s donor and membership database and provides support for general fundraising activities, including donor prospecting, acquisition, cultivation, and stewardship.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of successful experience in developing and implementing member programs and/or fundraising programs, preferably in museums.
- Detail-oriented, professional, and can demonstrate strong written communication skills.
- Savvy with word processing, spreadsheets, and data entry, including management of donor database and related systems, preferably DonorPerfect.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team to collaboratively achieve the mission of Hiller Aviation Museum.
Hours and Wages
$27 – $33 per hour, depending on experience. 20 hours per week. Flexible schedule, typically half days Monday to Friday, with occasional limited weekend hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategies, marketing efforts, and promotional materials for member solicitation and renewal campaigns.
- Coordinate special programs and events for members.
- Manage museum donor and membership database (DonorPerfect).
- Receive, accurately post, acknowledge donations, and reconcile data entry activity against accounting records.
- Assist with gift appeals to members and donors.
- Provide analyses, reports, and profiles from donor database as needed.
- Assist with fundraising activities and annual events.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants may apply by submitting a resume and cover letter in PDF format to Rebecca Duran, VP of Development, at: firstname.lastname@example.org. References will be requested at the time of in-person interview.
Located in San Carlos, Hiller Aviation Museum strives to use aviation as a gateway for people to embrace adventure and innovation while using tools of science to explore how the physical world works and how the dream of flight is made into reality. We deliver our educational and inspirational mission through STEM exhibits and programs. With more than 110,000 annual visitors, including 57,000 youth, the Museum stands out as a community resource for informal science learning.