Events Assistant – Part Time
The Hiller Aviation Museum is seeking an energetic and dynamic Events Assistant to work part-time in one of the most unique venues in the Bay Area. The Events Assistant works with the Events Manager to coordinate and implement all facility rentals at the museum, from small meetings and parties to weddings and large scale events.
This is a fun and highly desirable position for the right candidate who is looking for part-time employment and can work a flexible events schedule on nights, weekends and holidays. Position available immediately. Serious inquiries only.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle facility rental bookings from start to finish including initial inquiry, site tour, contract preparation, overseeing the event and clean-up. Event types cover a broad range including corporate meetings, events and parties, weddings and receptions, food truck events, child birthday parties.
- Coordinate event logistics, work with vendors, caterers, entertainers, florists, security & event planners to ensure successful events.
- Answer customer inquiries; perform booking, logistics and implementation of events when manager is out of the office.
- Must be able to work an extremely flexible schedule including weekends and evenings.
- High school diploma plus 2-years college.
- Event planning experience.
- Excellent communications skills, professional demeanor and customer-oriented approach.
- Great interpersonal “people” skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized work habits.
- Ability to multitask: Organize consecutive events while working on upcoming events.
- Skill with basic office computers and software such as Microsoft Office.
$25 per hour. 20 hours per week. Vacation benefits.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants may apply by submitting a resume and cover letter in PDF format to Lanie Agulay, Events Manager, at: email@example.com. References and transcripts will be requested at the time of in-person interview.
Or mail to: Hiller Aviation Museum, 601 Skyway Rd., San Carlos, CA, 94070. Attn: Lanie Agulay, Events Manager