Vice President of Education and Public Programs – Full Time
The Hiller Aviation Museum, one of the most unique destinations on the San Francisco Peninsula, is looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to lead its Education team as its Vice President of Education and Public Programs.
The Hiller Aviation Museum serves over 100,000 visitors per year on the San Francisco Peninsula, with a strong focus on families with children and K-12 STEM education. The museum seeks an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to join the management team as Vice President of Education and Public Programs.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the VP of Education and Public Programs is responsible for the successful implementation of all aspects of Hiller Aviation Museum’s K-12 outreach efforts including the Aviation Camp summer day camp program, school field trips, BSA and Girl Scout programs. This is a full time position.
- Create and manage budget for education and public interpretation
- Recruit, hire and manage education team members
- Manage curriculum for all K-12 education programs (camp, field trip, BSA, Girl Scouts)
- Identify and develop new and re-imagined concepts for programs, events and exhibits specific to Pre-K through 12th grade audiences
- Source supplies and equipment for education programs and public interpretation
- Develop and implement a marketing plan for all Education programs
- Schedule programs and public events to maximize attendance and earned revenue opportunities
- Support VP of Development in grand funding applications and reports
- Develop new public programs and activities
- Assist in development of new exhibits
- Support creation and implementation of public events in support of attendance goals
How to Apply
Qualified applicants may apply by submitting a resume and cover letter in PDF format to Jon Welte, President & CEO, at the Hiller Aviation Museum, 601 Skyway Rd., San Carlos, CA 94070 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have many of the following attributes:
- A proven track record of three or more years managing educators in a formal or informal (out of classroom) teaching environment
- Five or more years science teaching experience, particularly in informal settings
- Experience creating science- and engineering-themed curriculum for children, particularly Grades K-5
- Knowledge of or familiarity with aviation, while not required, is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, graduate degree and/or teaching credential preferred.
Wages and Compensation
The position is an exempt, salaried position in the range of $95,000 – $115,000 per year, depending on qualifications and experience. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, long-term disability insurance, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
Located in San Carlos, Hiller Aviation Museum uses aviation to inspire adventure and innovation while using science to explore how dreams of flight become reality. We deliver our educational and inspirational mission through STEM exhibits and programs. With more than 110,000 annual visitors, including 57,000 youth, the Museum stands out as a community resource for informal science learning.