Express your need for speed with a unique 2K/5K/10K running event at San Carlos Airport.
The first road race in San Mateo County since the state’s reopening!
Two Registration options:
Standard or Green
Standard: bib, participant medal, t-shirt, and goodie bag.
Green: bib only. Go green and skip the stuff! Green registrants are still eligible for race awards.
All participants receive FREE admission to Hiller Aviation Museum on race day.
Capacity may be limited. Event may sell out. Register today to reserve your spot.
Last Call for Registrations!
In-person registration will be available at Advanced Packet Pickup on Saturday, August 14 from 11 am – 3 pm at Sports Basement in Redwood City. A limited number of remaining walk-up registrations may be available on Sunday, August 15 from 7 to 7:30 am at Hiller Aviation Museum.
5K and 10K are certified races with chip timing.
2K is a fun run.
The 2021 Airport Runway Run features all new and improved courses for the 2K, 5K, and 10K with more distance on the runway, taxiways, and at the airport.
The start and finish to all three races is at Hiller Aviation Museum, 601 Skyway Road, San Carlos, CA 94070.
See individual course maps:
Prizes for the overall men’s and women’s first place winners of the 5K and 10K:
- A $125 gift certificate to Sports Basement,
- A one-year Individual Museum Membership,
- Your Name on the Museum’s Highway 101 LED Marquee the day after the race!
- Airport Runway Run Luggage Tag
Prizes for the overall men’s and women’s second and third place winners of the 5K and 10K:
- Paid Entry for the 2022 Airport Runway Run + Luggage Tag
Prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each age division of the 5K/10K:
- 1st Place: Paid Entry for the 2022 Airport Runway Run + Luggage Tag
- 2nd Place: $10 Gift Certificate to the Hiller Aviation Museum Flight Shop + Luggage Tag
- 3rd Place: Airport Runway Run Luggage Tag
5K/10K Age Divisions
• 12 and under
• 13 – 19
• 20 – 29
• 30 – 39
• 40 – 49
• 50 – 59
• 60 and up
2K is an untimed Fun Run.
Races begin at 8 am or shortly thereafter. Participants must be at the Start/Finish line by 8 am or they will not be permitted onto the runway. Suggested arrival time is 7 to 7:30 am. You must allow enough time (up to 15 minutes) to park and walk to the museum.
Who needs to register?
All participants with feet on the runway should register and have a bib. Registration is not required for those in a stroller/carrier.
- Runners and walkers only permitted on the course. Strollers ok. No pets, skateboards, bikes, or roller blades permitted.
- Walkers, please start at the back of the pack. Walkers welcome on the 2K and 5K. Walking is not recommended on the 10K, as participants must complete the course within 90 minutes.
- Entry fees are nonrefundable. If you are unable to participate, you may transfer your registration to another participant.
Advanced Packet Pickup
For Both Standard and Green Registrants
Saturday, Aug 14, 11 am – 3 pm
202 Walnut St.
Redwood City, CA 94063
Participants will receive up to 11% off (Basementeers 20% off) all in-store purchases* during packet pickup hours!
*some exclusions apply
With Support From
Events during COVID-19:
Airport Runway Run Committee is excited to host an in-person run/walk for 2021. Under the current guidelines on reopening, which are continually evolving, we fully anticipate seeing you on the runway on Sunday, August 15.
The event will be held in accordance with state/local guidelines, which at this time stipulate (updated 8/2):
- Indoors, mask required for everyone (ages 2+), regardless of vaccination status.
- Outdoors, masks are optional, but recommended for those not fully vaccinated when in a crowded area.
FYI – This is a mostly outdoor event with space for social distancing. The 5K/10K race is chip timed (in your bib). Please bring your mask to access the Restrooms and Gear Check (optional), which are located inside the museum near the Start/Finish Zone.
In the event conditions with the pandemic worsen, and we are forced to cancel the event, there will be no refunds, but we will offer registrants and sponsors a 100% deferral to the 2022 Runway Run.
Please see our Museum Visit page for more details on our COVID-19 policies.
Early 2020 Registrants:
If you signed up for the 2020 Airport Runway Run prior to June 8, 2020, and went “virtual” with us last year, you should have received a unique 50% off Discount Code in your email on 6/17/21. If you did not, please check your spam folder or contact email@example.com. We greatly appreciate your past flexibility and support!
Your support makes a difference!
Proceeds of the Airport Runway Run benefit Hiller Aviation Museum, a 501c3 nonprofit educational organization that provides science and aviation programming.
Please contact Rebecca Duran at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-654-0200 x203.