Express your need for speed with a unique 2K/5K/10K running event at San Carlos Airport.
The Airport Runway Run will be one of the first road races in San Mateo County since the state’s reopening. Don’t miss your chance to step foot on the runway!
Two Registration options:
Standard or Green
Standard: bib, participant medal, t-shirt, and goodie bag.
Green: bib only. Go green and skip the stuff! Green registrants are still eligible for race awards.
All participants receive FREE admission to Hiller Aviation Museum on race day.
Capacity may be limited. Event may sell out. Register today to reserve your spot.
5K and 10K are certified races with chip timing.
2K is a fun run.
The 2021 Airport Runway Run features all new and improved courses for the 2K, 5K, and 10K with more distance on the runway, taxiways, and at the airport.
The start and finish to all three races is at Hiller Aviation Museum, 601 Skyway Road, San Carlos, CA 94070.
5K/10K Age Division Prizes
Prizes have just been announced.
Please see below.
- Runners and walkers only permitted on the course. Strollers ok. No pets, skateboards, bikes, or roller blades permitted.
- Walkers, please start at the back of the pack. Walkers welcome on the 2K and 5K. Walking is not recommended on the 10K, as participants must complete the course within 90 minutes.
- Entry fees are nonrefundable. If you are unable to participate, you may transfer your registration to another participant.
Advanced Packet Pickup
For Both Standard and Green Registrants
Saturday, Aug 14, 11 am – 3 pm
202 Walnut St.
Redwood City, CA 94063
Participants will receive up to 11% off (Basementeers 20% off) all in-store purchases* during packet pickup hours!
*some exclusions apply
Prizes for the overall men’s and women’s first place winners of the 5K and 10K:
- A $125 gift certificate to Sports Basement,
- A one-year Individual Museum Membership,
- Your Name on the Museum’s Highway 101 LED Marquee the day after the race!
Prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each age division of the 5K/10K:
- 1st Place: Paid Entry for the 2022 Airport Runway Run + Luggage Tag
- 2nd Place: $10 Gift Certificate to the Hiller Aviation Museum Flight Shop + Luggage Tag
- 3rd Place: Airport Runway Run Luggage Tag
5K/10K Age Divisions
• 12 and under
• 13 – 19
• 20 – 29
• 30 – 39
• 40 – 49
• 50 – 59
• 60 and up
2K is an untimed Fun Run.
Races begin at 8 am or shortly thereafter. Participants must be at the Start/Finish line by 8 am or they will not be permitted onto the runway. Suggested arrival time is 7 to 7:30 am. You must allow enough time (up to 15 minutes) to park and walk to the museum.
Who needs to register?
All participants with feet on the runway should register and have a bib. Registration is not required for those in a stroller/carrier.
Calling all volunteers!
Are you an early riser? Volunteers who can lend a hand early on a Sunday morning will be trained and rewarded with snacks, shirts, and free admission to Hiller Aviation Museum on Race Day!
Please sign up today and select one of our three volunteer teams: Alpha, Beta, or Charlie.
With Support From
Events during COVID-19:
Airport Runway Run Committee is excited to host an in-person run/walk for 2021. Under the current guidelines on reopening, which are continually evolving, we fully anticipate seeing you on the runway on Sunday, August 15.
The event will be held in accordance with state/local guidelines, which at this time stipulate:
- Already vaccinated? Indoors, mask recommended, but not required. If you do not wear a mask, you are attesting that you have been fully vaccinated.
- Not vaccinated? Indoors, mask required, including non-vaccinated children ages 3 and up.
- Outdoors, masks are optional regardless of vaccination status.
Early 2020 Registrants:
If you signed up for the 2020 Airport Runway Run prior to June 8, 2020, and went “virtual” with us last year, you should have received a unique 50% off Discount Code in your email on 6/17/21. If you did not, please check your spam folder or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We greatly appreciate your past flexibility and support!
Your support makes a difference!
Proceeds of the Airport Runway Run benefit Hiller Aviation Museum, a 501c3 nonprofit educational organization that provides science and aviation programming.
Please contact Rebecca Duran at email@example.com or 650-654-0200 x203.