Group Scout Visits
Tours and Hands-On Programs for Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts of All Ages!
The Hiller Aviation Museum is pleased to offer guided tours and hands-on programs to Scouts at all levels. These tours and programs give Scouts the opportunity to experience aviation in a new way and may help satisfy the requirements for certain Cub Scout Belt Loops or Brownie Try-Its. Reservations are required for all tours and programs and must be made at least two weeks in advance.
Scout admissions are subject to group visit guidelines as outlined on this page. However, Scouts and their adult leaders may visit the Museum informally, without group size requirements or advanced reservations, on Scout Saturdays and on Home School Wednesdays. School admission fees are honored until 5 PM on Home School Wednesdays.
- Scout groups visiting in uniform and their adult leaders visiting on weekends during the school year and all week during the summer may be admitted at the special rate of $8.00 per participant. Group admission includes a guided tour at no additional charge.
- Scout Groups visiting in uniform Monday through Friday, September through May, are admitted at the School Field Trip rate of $4.00/Scout and $8.00/Adult. One adult is admitted free of charge for every eight Scouts.
- All admission and program fees must be paid at the time of arrival in one transaction to qualify for Scout pricing.
- Gallery tours are included with no additional fee. Advance reservations are required.
- Hands-on programs may be available Monday through Saturday; additional program fees apply and reservations are required. Hands-on programs are not available on Sundays.
Scout Group Visit Guidelines
- Reservations are required for all tours and programs.
- Minimum group size is 12 Scouts, plus adult chaperones. Smaller groups may receive the applicable group admission rate by paying the 12-Scout minimum.
- 1 adult required for every 8 Scouts.
- Onsite food service is limited to snacks and drinks. Scouts are welcome to bring a lunch, and a Burger King restaurant is available within a short walk of the Museum.
- Abundant free parking is available.
How to Schedule Your Scout Trip
- Select the tours and programs that interest your group.
- Determine at least two possible dates for your trip.
- Call the Hiller Aviation Museum at (650) 654-0200 at least two weeks in advance.
- A credit card is required to hold a trip reservation and issue a confirmation. A $25 fee will be charged for trips cancelled without three days’ notice.