Aviation Camp and COVID-19
March 3, 2022
The Hiller Aviation Museum is currently open to the public seven days per week. The Museum has operated Aviation Camp as allowed under state and county health rules throughout the pandemic, and will continue to do so during school vacation periods in 2022.
Current state health orders specific to K-12 schools are also applicable to day camp operations and are updated periodically. The Hiller Aviation Museum adheres to all requirements, and has also implemented additional camp modifications that will enhance safety for campers, parents, staff members and volunteers alike. Should any rules change before the start date of a particular camp session, camp curriculum and/or operations may be adjusted to reflect such changes. Parents will be advised of all modifications in advance of the camp start date and will have the opportunity to adjust, transfer or cancel their enrollment should any such changes materially alter the planned curriculum.
Aviation Camp will align with updated California Department of Public Health and San Mateo County Health guidance on face covering use for K-12 school groups effective March 11, 2022. Face coverings are strongly recommended, but not required, in the museum’s indoor areas during camp activities, regardless of vaccination status. Use of face coverings during outdoor activities is optional for all individuals, again regardless of vaccination status. We appreciate your continued compliance with these health rules while onsite at the Hiller Aviation Museum for Aviation Camp.
Following is a summary of additional policies with regards to Aviation Camp, and provisions that have been made or that are planned in response to COVID-19.
Aviation Camp Refund Policy – Spring/Summer 2022
- Aviation Camp enrollment is fully refundable up until 60 days prior to the camp start date through September 2022.
- Aviation Camp cancellations requested less than 60 days, but at least 14 days, prior to camp start may receive a refund subject to a $35 per session processing fee.
- Late cancellations requested fewer than 14 days in advance of the session start date are not eligible to receive a refund, but may receive a credit towards a future program. A $35 processing fee will be deducted from the value of any credits issued for late cancellations.
- Schedule changes may be requested on a space-available basis. Price differences may apply. Schedule changes requested fewer than 14 days in advance are subject to a $15 processing fee.
- Children exhibiting illness symptoms must follow CDC/CDPH guidelines for staying home/getting tested for COVID-19 prior to returning to camp. Enrollments will be rescheduled, credited or refunded for missed days consistent with these guidelines.
- In the event that sessions are cancelled as a result of a future change in public health guidance that preclude the Hiller Aviation Museum from operating any Aviation Camp sessions safely, parents will receive a full refund (no processing fee).
Aviation Camp Safety Procedures
- Face coverings are strongly recommended indoors during all Aviation Camp activities, regardless of vaccination status, in alignment with state and county health orders. Single use face coverings will be available for those who wish to use one and do not bring one of their own.
- Face coverings are optional during outdoor activities regardless of vaccination status.
- Morning check-in time is available on an extended schedule 8:30 AM – 9:00 AM, and afternoon check-out is available 3:45 PM – 4:15 PM, for all campers in order to reduce crowding at check-in and check-out. Campers will be checked in and out at dispersed team locations, with staff and volunteers available to direct parents.
- PM Extended Day is available 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM June 13 – August 26, and 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM March 28 – June 10 and August 29-September 2.
- Parents will be required to verify each child’s health status daily during check-in.
- Children will be placed in teams and will stay with the same team for the duration of each camp session.
- Any additional operational requirements imposed by future changes to public health rules will be communicated to all parents via email in advance of their camp start date.
Elementary Topics (K-5)
Intermediate Topics (5-7)
All camps are located at the Hiller Aviation Museum at the San Carlos Airport.