Vice President of Development – Full Time
The Hiller Aviation Museum, one of the most unique destinations on the San Francisco Peninsula, is looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to lead its Development team as its Vice President of Development.
The Hiller Aviation Museum, one of the most unique destinations on the San Francisco Peninsula, with over 100,000 visitors per year, is looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to join the management team as Vice President of Development.
Reporting to the President & CEO and working closely with the museum’s Board of Directors, the VP of Development is responsible for the successful implementation of all aspects of Hiller Aviation Museum’s institutional fundraising efforts including organizing and implementing fundraising events, major gift programs, donor cultivation, annual support, as well as directing efforts to secure individual, corporate and foundation support for ongoing museum operations and STEM-focused educational programs. This is a full time position.
- Provide leadership in the planning and direction of all fundraising programs that support ongoing museum operations and programs.
- Administer donor stewardship methodologies, recognition policies and procedures, including supervision of donor tracking using fundraising database software, gift processing and acknowledgements.
- Supervise and manage fundraising special events, including the annual Benefit Gala and the annual Airport Runway Run.
- Obtain sponsorships for museum activities and events.
- Coordinate with department leads in preparing grant and funding proposals for ongoing and special projects.
- Develop and implement annual appeals.
- Supervise supporting staff and volunteers in the administration of the museum Membership program.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key community and strategic partners and maintain effective and positive working relationships with senior management, staff, volunteers and members of the Board.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants may apply by submitting a resume and cover letter in PDF format to Jon Welte, President & CEO, at the Hiller Aviation Museum, 601 Skyway Rd., San Carlos, CA 94070 or by email email@example.com.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have many of the following attributes:
- A proven track record of three or more years of accomplishment in fundraising activities with a highly-respected non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Boards and an Executive team in enthusiastically implementing fundraising strategies.
- Exceptional relationship building skills, high energy and self-confidence and a collaborative style and reputation.
- A team player who nurtures positive working relationships with colleagues, staff, volunteers and members of the Board, and who interacts courteously and professionally with Museum guests and community stakeholders.
- Past experience with educationally-oriented non-profits, including museums.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, graduate degree preferred.
- Proficiency with office software and donor management database software.
The successful candidate will be motivated by this opportunity to lead fundraising activities at the Hiller Aviation Museum while advancing their own career and reputation in the community and the non-profit sector.
Wages and Compensation
The position is an exempt, salaried position in the range of $100,000 – $120,000 per year, depending on qualifications and experience. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, long-term disability insurance, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
Located in San Carlos, Hiller Aviation Museum strives to use aviation as a gateway for people to embrace adventure and innovation while using tools of science to explore how the physical world works and how the dream of flight is made into reality. We deliver our educational and inspirational mission through STEM exhibits and programs. With more than 110,000 annual visitors, including 57,000 youth, the Museum stands out as a community resource for informal science learning.